Change to Brief

So I want to make some slight change to my brief. I have discussed it with Ryan and he has given me the go ahead.

The first change being made is that I am removing the military uniform theme from the portraits. I had originally included this because I felt that the project needed something to tie all the portraits together, but upon reflection I do not think this necessary anymore. I had written the brief thinking about things like character design rather than portraiture, but what this project really is is a personal improvement project more than anything else and so I think I can get away with just creating portraits rather than a collecting and unified body of works.

Secondly, I have changed the deliverables to better suit the project. Initially I was to submit a line-work portrait, a monochrome portrait, and an expressionistic portrait. Again, when writing this I was thinking too much about fields such as character design and the sheets it produces. I realise now that this project is about improving my rendering skills and how I use colour. Thus I feel that line-work is not really as important anymore and I have changed it to a coloured portrait (not expressionistic, just realistic colours). This way, all three of my submissions will display my improvements with colour and rendering.

So to reiterate, I will be submitting: a monochrome portrait; a coloured portrait; and an expressionistic portrait.

I feel I should also mention that this project will be a lot more practice based than researched based. I will be looking for inspiration (when it comes to the expressionistic part especially) but for the most part I think I will better learn from this project by continually practicing and churning out work.

Advertisements

Posted on February 25, 2015, in Semester 2. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Change to Brief.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: